Friday, September 29, 2017

Spellbinding, Magical, & Chilling Reads for October

I was recently asked by a co-worker if I knew any good books for Halloween. That got me thinking about books that I had read in the past that were perfect for this time of year. Most of these books I have read, at least the first ones in a series. 

Devil in the White City by Erik Larson

 These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly

 The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black

 The Twlight Saga by Stephanie Meyer

 Point Last Seen series by April Henry 
(I read The Body in the Woods but never got to Blood Will Tell)


The Caster Chronicles by Kami Garcia

 Dangerous Creatures (Beautiful Creatures spin-off duology) 
(I only read book #1 in this spin-off. I plan to re-read the main series & then read book #2 in this series)


 The Gardener, The Compound, The Fallout, & The Detour by S. A. Bodeen
(I have read all the books this author has written & they are all great)




 Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman
(This is one of my all time favorite books! I've read almost all of them by this author. There is a prequel to this book coming out in October)

 14 by Peter Clines

 Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead
(I LOVE these books & this author)

 The Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris
(I only read the first 10 books in this series then I had to wait for the last 2 & never finished it. The show was excellent & I plan to re-read/finish the series someday)

 Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz

 The Ruins by Scott Smith

Frankenstein by Mary Shelley

 The Spiderwick Chronicles by Holly Black

 Dracula by Bram Stoker

 Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling 

 Bunnicula series by James Howe
(I'm currently reading this series & plan to finish it in October)

 Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children series by Ransom Riggs
(I only read the first book in this series & it was ok. I tried to read book #2 & I couldn't get through it. I thought the movie was great!)


The Kendra Chronicles by Alex Flinn
(I have only read Beastly but it was a great story. I'm hoping to read the others in the future. The movie was awful! Not worth the time of day)





The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova

The Witches by Roald Dahl
(He is one of my favorite authors, I've read all of his books!)

No comments:

Post a Comment