Saturday, September 30, 2017

Series I Want to Finish &/or Re-read

I started looking through my Goodreads lists this last week & realized there was quite a few series that I need to finish. Some I started years ago & they are finally all published so it's the perfect time & some are still in progress & I'll be waiting anxiously.

I also realized that I have only ever read some of my favorites through once. If possible I'd like to squeeze in a re-read here & there. 

So this is a list of series I need to finish &/or re-read! (Some series fall into both categories because I need to re-read them then read the new ones as they come out)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Maze Runner series by James Dashner
(I read the first 3 books around the time The Maze Runner movie came out. I thought it was a great series. Now that all 5 books are out & I own them all I'd like to re-read the first 3 then read #4 & #5)


 Fablehaven series by Brandon Mull
(I read all 5 of these books & the newest in the sequel series just in the last 2 years. It's a great series that I plan on owning so I can re-read them all)

 The Caster Chronicles by Kami Garcia
(I read all of the 4 original series books around the time the Beautiful Creatures movie came out. I enjoyed them. Then a few years later I was happy to see a sequel series & I read book #1 in that. Now that book #2 is out & I own all 6 books in the collection I'm looking forward to a re-read & finishing the series) 


Blackout duology by Robinson Wells
(This series was originally recommended to me by a student of mine when I was a school librarian. I really liked book #1 then I didn't ever get my hands on book #2. It's going to be a series that I get in on ILL or from my library, I don't think I like it enough to buy it, but I do want to finish it. So I'll be re-reading book #1 & then reading book #2 to finish it off)

 Red Queen series by Victoria Aveyard
(Can we just take a moment to say this series is amazing! I only read book #1 when it first came out. Now as the other books have finally started coming out I'm looking forward to re-reading #1 & finishing off the series with the others. There is still 1 more book to come out in 2018 & then the series will be complete. I plan on owning all of these so I can read them again & again!)

 Point Last Seen duology by April Henry
(I originally heard about these books at a conference in 2016 & I thought they would be really interesting. My library at the time got both of them so they are still available in my system. I read book #1 & enjoyed it then just never got to #2.)

 Uglies series by Scott Westerfield 
(This was "The Hunger Games" of my generation. I remember all the hype about these books coming out when I was in high school. I read book #1 way back then, about 10 years ago. Now that all the books have come out & he's still writing other series I'd like to re-read #1 then finish off the series, my library has them all.)

 The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins
(I started reading this series when the first movie came out & it is sooo good. I enjoyed all the books & the movies. I also own all of them so I'll be doing a re-read of the whole series)

The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini
(I read Eragon way back in high school when the movie was coming out. The other books haden't been published at the time. Now that they are all published I'll be re-reading #1 & finishing off the series) 

 The Palace Chronicles by Margaret Peterson Haddix
(I read Just Ella long before the movie came out & LOVED it. Once the movie came out I bought it & read it many times. It wasn't until recently that I discovered she had continued the series. So I'm very excited to own all of these & re-read #1 then finish off the series) 

 Percy Jackson & the Olympians by Rick Riordan
(Once again this is another series that started long ago & they are finally all published along with many other books by this great author. I own all of these in the first series & I got all the way through book #4 before I stopped. So I'll be re-reading the first 4 then finishing it off. I'm hoping to get into his other books as well)

 The Glittering Court series by Richelle Mead
(I started reading this series as soon as it came out. I don't own them yet but I plan too. The first book was surprising but very good. So I'll be re-reading #1 then continuing with the series. I know a third book is in the works)

 The Robert Langdon series by Dan Brown
(I don't read many books that are "for adults" I read mostly YA but this is a series I have been into for many years & proudly own them all. I read Angels & Demons after The Da Vinci Code movie came out years ago. Most people don't realize the movies are out of sequence from the books. The newest one Origin comes out in a few days & I'm so excited! I'll be re-reading this series eventually. Probably not right before Origin but we'll see.)


The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
(I have been following, reading, & LOVING this series since the beginning. As soon as I heard the words sci-fi fairytale retelling I fell in love. I own them all including the novella book & I  plan on re-reading them many times over)

 Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas
(Don't even get my started on the queen of new adult fantasy herself SJM. I have read all of her books & LOVED LOVED LOVED them. This series is pretty long & still in progress but I plan on finishing it then one day owning it & re-reading them all)


A Court of Thorns & Roses series by Sarah J. Maas
(This series...I can't...beautiful, powerful, never ending love, happy ending, fantasy, & much more! I actually like this series more than TOG. I've read then all but don't own them yet, I plan to in the future. I've re-read the first one abut 10 times, it's my favorite one. The second one I've read about 3 times & I've only read #3 the newest one once. I want to do a binge read on them some day. There are also so squeal books planned for in the future, it's going to be going on for years)

 The Great Library series by Rachel Caine
(This is another mind blowing series that is just a work of art. I own all three book currently published & I plan on owning all of the others in the future. I know about 5 books right now but if she published more I would read them. I read #1 & have yet to get to #2 & #3, it's on the list for soon LOL)

 The Girl at Midnight trilogy by Melissa Grey
(I received the first book in a YA subscription box a few years ago when it first came out. I really liked it right away. Now that the other 2 books are out & the series is complete I plan on re-reading #1 & then finishing it off. I'm not sure if I will buy the other 2 or just get them from the library)

 Stranded by Jeff Probst
(Who knew that famous TV personality & host of the show Survivor would write a book series for kids! I read book #1 in this series after I got it from the book fair for my school library several years ago. I really enjoyed the story & it was a quick read. He has continued the series & I'd like to read them all. I will probably have to get them in on ILL which is fine with me.)

 The Wicked Years by Gregory Macguire
(I have been obsessed with The Wizard of Oz my whole life, the books & the movie. So as a teenager hearing about a spin-off I was excited. I read Wicked many years ago & I also own it. At the time I didn't know it was a series. I also became obsessed with the musical, I saw it a few years ago & fell in LOVE. So I plan on re-reading #1 & then finishing the series & possibly owning all of these books)

Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead
(I thought the movie for this book series was pretty good. I hadn't read the books at the time but I caught on quickly. I binge read these from my school library in about 2 months, I was obsessed once I started reading. This series like The Glittering Court I plan on owning one day & re-reading. There is also a spin-off series featuring one of the main characters from later in the book that I'd like to read as well)

 Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris
(I was in college when I started reading these books based on the recommendation of my boss at the time. She was so right, they are amazing! All the books weren't published at the time & the show on HBO had just started. I own all the books but only got to #9 before I grew tired of waiting for them to be published, so I started watching the show. The show was AMAZING! It's totally worth it despite it being slightly different from the books. She also has a series that just got a new show as well called Midnight Texas. After I'm done with these I'd like to get into those books & the show)

 Bunnicula series by James Howe
(I just recently discovered this series on audio. I'm on book #4 & I plan on finishing it this next month hopefully. It's funny, cute, & a little bit creepy but very good.)

 Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
(I don't need to give a lot of explanation on this series. It is the ultimate book series & it will always have a place in my heart & on my shelf. It occurred to me the other day that I had not ever re-read it...WTF! I own them all, they are scattered some paperback, some old library copies, & some hardcover. I'd like to buy the whole series on e-book to make it better & easier for me to read.)

 The Kendra Chronicles by Alex Flinn
(I originally read Beastly back in high school, long before the AWFUL movie came out. At the time it was just one book. Now Flinn has written several others & the series is complete as far as I know. I plan on re-reading #1 & then finishing off the series. I'm a sucker for a fairytale retelling)
 
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm sure there's some that I'm forgetting but that's all for now. Stay tuned for reviews etc. as I re-read & finish series in the (hopefully) soon future...


No comments:

Post a Comment