Saturday, September 9, 2017

Library Update September 2017

There was a lot of things that happened at the library in late August & so far this month so I decided to do one post to catch all of them up!

Family Game Night
This was an event that I had planned based on some people asking if we would hold one. It was originally an adult only event but we opened it up to families hoping to have a bigger turn out. Unfortunately we only had 6 people come but we are hoping to try again in the future & get more people interested.

 We offered drinks & cookies as well as a big assortment of games.


September Adult DIY
This month as per the request of my senior center ladies we made book baskets. They seemed to enjoy it & I had the best turn out so far with 5 people at the senior center class & still only 1 at the library.
Click here to see the instructions that I used.



I was our Book Face Friday picture this week

 This is our new book display that Emma did

The teens had a NASA @ My Library green screen event & all of us staff had fun playing with it too

 September is National Library Card Sign-up Month! Our library has a goal of 150 new library cards & we decided to create a tracker. We are also doing a raffle for anyone that gets a new card & a scavenger hunt.
Click here to learn more about NLCSM.

Adult Trivia Night is my monthly adult event for September & I picked these up to serve as the prizes for the winners. I'll be doing a combo of book & movie trivia

 Yesterday across the street from the library someone jumped the curb & drove through the grass at City Hall then ran into someone's living room with their car! It as an exciting day  



No comments:

Post a Comment