Saturday, August 19, 2017

Books & Series for Middle School Age & Up

Recently someone called me at the library & wanted recommendations for her middle school age kid. This got me thinking about some great books for kids that age. So here are some of my recommendations. Most of these I have read or they are on my infinite TBR list. If I've read the series/books I'll put a star next to the title. I'll also link the review if I've done one.

Brian's Saga by Gary Paulsen


*The Maze Runner by James Dashner 
(I have read the first 3 books in this series)


*Fablehaven by Brandon Mull

*Dragonwatch by Brandon Mull
This is my review.

*Floors by Patrick Carman

*Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling

*Inkworld by Cornelia Funke
(I attempted to read the first book inn the series but didn't finish because it's a little slow. But it's on my list to try again, I've been told it gets better as the books progress)

Underland Chronicles by Suzanne Collins

*Janitors by Tyler Whitesides





Mr. Lemoncello's Library by Chris Grabenstein



Book Scavenger by Jennifer Bertman


The Island of Dr. Libris by Chris Grabenstein

*The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

*The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo

Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer

The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini

*Shipwreck Island Series by S.A. Bodeen
These are my reviews 



*The Gardener by S.A. Bodeen
This is my review.

*The Raft by S.A. Bodeen

*The Compound by S.A. Bodeen 
These are my reviews



*Holes by Louis Sachar

*Fuzzy Mud by Louis Sachar

*Rump by Liesl Shurliff

Red by Liesl Shurliff

Jack by Liesl Shurliff

*Matilda by Roald Dahl
(I would really recommend anything by this author & I have read all his books. This one if my all time favorite)
This is my review.

*The BFG by Roald Dahl
This is my review.


*The Candy Shop War by Brandon Mull


The Candymakers by Wendy Mass

*The Spiderwick Chronicles by Holly Black

*The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
(This series is more for an older audience I'd say at least 8th grade. The only one I haven't read is Stars Above)

*Percy Jackson & the Olympians by Rick Riordan
(I have read the first 4 books in this series)


*Peter & the Starcatchers by Dave Barry


*Never Land Books by Dave Barry



The Pendragon Cycle by D.J. Machale

The Bliss Bakery by Kathryn Littlewood

*The Zoo at the Edge of the World by Eric Gale

*As Easy As Falling Off the Face of the Earth by Lynne Rae Perkins
This is my review.

*100 Cupboards by N.D. Wilson


No comments:

Post a Comment