Tuesday, August 1, 2017

July 2017 Events: Teen Escape Room & Star Lab

This month we had two more events after Single Mingle. 

Teen Escape Room
This event was held on Thursday July 27th @ 6:15 (My Birthday!)

We had 13 teens attend the event. The event was organized by Heather, our Children's Librarian. She had me locked in a room & I had been turned into a zombie by a book that I was reading. I got a friend to come & keep me company & it was assumed that she too had been infected. The kids had to solve 3 puzzles to get 3 keys & open a box that contained the cure for Anastasia & I. Puzzle # 1 was a cipher using invisible black light ink to find a book with a key, puzzle #2 was finding a key inside a dvd, & puzzle #3 was stacking solo cups in a sequence to get a word to unlock the box. The cure was brownies & starburst, which I was very happy about! Then after we were free all of us hung out together & ate snacks & had pizza before the kids got picked up by their parents. The only thing I would have done differently would have had a definite end time so parents know when to come & pick the kids up. 

Star Lab
This event was held on Thursday July 27th from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.

We had about 150 people attend the Star Lab throughout the day. Our library received a NASA grant this last year & so this was part of that grant. The Star Lab is basically a pop up traveling planetarium. Overall it was really fun to get a chance to go inside. 

Stay tuned for more events like Adult DIY & Game Night...



No comments:

Post a Comment