Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Twelve Days of Christmas by Debbie Macomber


Twelve Days of Christmas















Author: Debbie Macomber
Publisher: Ballantine Books
Year: 2016
Genre: Chick Lit/Christmas (I think these special Christmas books are kinda in their own category)
Age: Adult 18+
Page Count: 253

Rating:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I checked this book out a few weeks ago on the recommendation of a co-worker. It was a really fast read, I finished it in about 3 or 4 hours. Overall I liked it. This was my first book by this author & I also read one other book by her. I liked listening to one of her stories better than reading it I think, it brought more to the story. But overall this was a good Christmas book. I think I've only ever read 1 other Christmas book in my life so I need a little more variety LOL! The story was a little bit predictable with the whole thing of her hating him then they fall in love but he finds out she betrayed him storyline. I have to say through it's different from most of the other things that I typically read so it wasn't a bad book. This book falls along the same line as the mystery books I've been into lately for the book club. They are slightly predictable, not too much action or tension or anything crazy like world building & saving an entire empire, some romance usually, no sex or very little/just a hint, & the endings are either something I can figure out or something that shocks me. I would try one of her other books instead of a Christmas one now that I've read 2 of them back to back.

No comments:

Post a Comment