Sunday, November 25, 2018

The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella

The Undomestic Goddess
















Author: Sophie Kinsella
Publisher: Dial Press
Year: 2005
Genre: Chick Lit
Age: Adult 18+
Page Count: 371 
Audio Publisher & Year: Random House Audio; 2005
Audio Reader: Katherine Kellgren
Audio Length: 5 discs; 6 1/2 hours

Rating:


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I think this is my 4th or 5th book by this author & so far I have liked every single one of them! The stories all follow the typical chick lit pattern of girl with a problem, she finds a way to overcome the problem, there's some conflict along the way, & always a romantic interest. I like that they are all different stories though, that are simple, & short (less than 500 pages). They are also always really funny & they have heart-warming moments thrown in too. I enjoy the audio versions as well, I like listening to someone with an accent, it keeps me going more than a regular reader.

I have yet to start her Shopaholic series but I have seen the movie several times & I really like it. I have the first 6 books in the series I think & I'm always looking for the others so I can get them all then read them. I think that's gonna be my reading goal for next year...series.

Overall this book kept my attention & made me laugh. The main character was relateable & kinda a mess (like we all are sometimes) she left her big fancy job in the city to find an escape & ended up finding a job doing something she didn't know how to do but ended up enjoying. I finished part of it on audio & part of it in book form. I had the book on my shelf from a library book sale. It was funny too because the original check out receipt was in the book  from back in 2012 when it was still on the shelf.

I just looked at the back of the audio & it says its abridged!!! I didn't know that when I started it. I'm kinda wondering what parts I missed...oh well, it was still good!

On my way back home from my trip I'll be listening to Debbie Macomber's new book "Alaskan Holiday", I'll let you know how that one is in a few days.


No comments:

Post a Comment