Thursday, June 4, 2020

The Elite by Kiera Cass

The Elite














Author: Kiera Cass
Publisher: Harper Teen
Year: 2013
Genre: Dystopian/Romance
Age: YA 13+

Audio Publisher/Year: Harper Collins/2013
Audio Reader: Amy Rubinate
Audio Length: 7 hours & 43 minutes

Rating: 





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I finished this book last night & OMG!!! It was like 10 p.m. & I had to keep reading into the next book because I had to find out what was happening. Fast forward, I was up until like 1 a.m. So now I'm tired but it was worth it. I'm about 1/3 of the way into book #3. This is the kind of series I needed to get me out of my reading slump. 

In book #2 the selection girls are narrowed down to the final 6. The rebels are attacking from both the North & the South. The northerners are the "peaceful" rebels & the southerners are the ones that kill people during their attacks. We get to find out more about their leader as the story continues into the next book. America is starting to stand up for what she believes in which is both a good & a bad thing. She is not very popular with the king & that is causing problems between him & Maxon. We also get to learn more about the history of the country. It's not pretty, which why would it be? But it's a lot more ugly than I expected. I think that going forward, now that I've read a little bit of the next book, a big change is coming, but will it be enough? 

America is still going back & forth between Aspen & Maxon. I'm kinda frustrated with her & her way of doing it though. She seems totally devoted to Aspen. She tells him she loves him, she needs him, etc. But with Maxon he has confessed his feelings for her & she just kinda absorbs it then shoves him away (sometimes literally). They fight a lot, which I know is part of relationships, but they are very hot & cold towards one another. I don't see how that could possibly work out in the end. I also feel kinda bad for Aspen, I know who she is going to choose in the end but I don't know how she is going to get there right now. 

Overall though the book started out interesting then with each book the story escalates further along keeping your interest. I already have book #4 & #5 so that I can go right into them after finishing the next. This is a time when I LOVE ebooks even more then normal because I can seamlessly go from one to the next. Stay tuned for the next review hopefully soon!   


No comments:

Post a Comment