Tuesday, June 9, 2020

The Heir by Kiera Cass

The Heir












Author: Kiera Cass
Publisher: Harper Teen
Year: 2015
Genre: Dystopian/Romance
Age: YA 13+
Page Count: 342
Rating:





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is book #4 in The Selection series. I only have 1 more book & then the novella companion novels to read. Those have been organized into one book called "Happily Ever After". I'm hoping to have both of those done in the next week, but it might be sooner at the rate I'm going through these books. I want to read another series after this one, put a suggestion down in the comments.

It's been 20 years & a new selection has begun!

America & Maxon fell in love despite their world being turned upside down. Now two decades have passed & the world they knew has changed thanks to their efforts, but the people still aren't happy. To quell the public & give them hope they decide to put their eldest daughter, & first ever female heir through the greatest test of all. Eadlyn Schreave is 18 & has been preparing her whole life to be the first ever queen of Illea. She has three siblings, including a twin brother born seven minutes after her. Unfortunately nothing could prepare her for something as crazy as the selection.

One of the things that annoys me the most about Eadlyn is that she is just as anxious & undecisive as her mother was at her age. I admire her for being so independent & strong & not needing a man to complete her (PREACH sister!) but...because she is going to be queen there are certain obligations she has to uphold, one of those being producing her own heir. That being said, two people are required to do that. That is where the problem lies. So the next selection will begin. I have to admit I like this book a little better than the others in the series so far. I think I feel more connected to Eadlyn because she is like me in a lot of ways. I also think I like these books so much because of one of my favorite TV shows...The Bachelor! I loathe that show so much! But it's so good I can't look away at the same time, do you ever feel that way about something? So I have one more book to complete the story. I have to admit that I'm gonna be sad when this series is over. I also can't believe it took me almost 10 years to read it! I'm also WAY more excited for the show now! Overall I like Eadlyn & I like a lot of the boys she has to choose from. I think it's gonna come down to Kile or Erik (even though he's not really a contestant). But some of them have potential too like Henri, he's so sweet even though they don't speak the same language. Then of course the book has to end with a huge cliffhanger, disaster, drama episode. All of the previous ones kinda did too so I guess I shouldn't have been surprised by that. I'm hoping everything works out & I'm also happy I already have the other books & I don't have to wait.So on to the next! Stay tuned for more reviews soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment