Wednesday, June 10, 2020

The Crown by Kiera Cass

The Crown












Author: Kiera Cass
Publisher: Harper Teen
Year: 2016
Genre: Dystopian/Romance
Age: YA 13+
Page Count: 278
Rating:





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is book #5, the final book in The Selection series. There is one more book that has all the novellas combined together. I'll be reading that one next. It's around 500 pages so it should keep my interest for a while. I started this book last night at about 9 p.m. & I was able to finish it today. I don't normally get to read at my job, despite what most people think working in a library is like LOL but lately things have been a little different. That is going to change next week so I'm kinda bummed I'll be missing out on some extra reading time. That's really how I was able to get through these books so fast. Anyway, let's get into it...

This series has been one of my favorites! I will definetly be reading more of her books. I think the ending was a little predictable but I'm not disappointed in that. I was super excited to find out who Eadlyn picked right up until the last second! I do think her decision about the monarchy was a little strange. She's the queen so she can "decide" but just announcing it without letting anyone know or seeking help from her advisers was a kinda rash. But she's young & it's fictional so anything can happen! I'm really happy with Eadlyn's choice, she seems like she will be very happy. I would be happy to see more books that continue the story. Overall this series is very engaging, has intriguring characters, a semi-complex storyline, & a great romance aspect. I would recommend it for fans of books like The Hunger Games. It does have some violence but not the same as series like The Hunger Games where kids are killing eachother. It also has the romance you look for in a YA book but it's not over the top or unbelieveable. I liked Eadlyn's story more than America's which kinda surprises me since we got to see more of America throughout the series. I think it's because I relate to Eadlyn more than I do her mother. I really needed a great series to bust me out of my reading slump & kick-off summer reading. There were times I was laughing out loud, even in public, times I was tearing up, & times I couldn't read fast enough. The audiobook books aren't awful, I didn't like the first read in the first 3 books, I liked the girl that read the last 2 books the best, she had more inflection & life to her voice. I didn't really listen to much to the last 2 books though because I was reading more & faster than I could be read to. I'm going to look into more series like this one, there is one by Ally Condie that on Goodreads is in the "Readers Also Enjoyed" section under this series, it's the Matched trilogy, have you read it? Did you like it? Let me know down in the comments. I'm off to read the novella book, stay tuned for more reviews in the future.






No comments:

Post a Comment