Sunday, June 21, 2020

Happily Ever After by Kiera Cass

Happily Ever After













Author: Kiera Cass
Publisher: Harper Teen
Year: 2015
Genre: Short story/novella
Age: YA 13+
Page Count:
Rating:





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is the short story collection that includes all the novella stories from The Selection series. There is 7 stories included that tell parts of the original story from different character view points.

I really enjoyed the original series so I was excited for this book. I've never really gotten into the whole "novella" story thing with any books I've read. I have to say that if you skipped this book you wouldn't be missing out on much. I enjoyed it overall but I also feel like if you didn't read this book you would still understand & enjoy the series.

My 2 favorites stories were The Queen & The Favorite. These were the stories of Queen Amberly & her selection in which she married King Clarkson & Marlee & Carter's love story. Marlee was one of my favorites in the series, I was really sad to see what happened to her, but everything worked out in the end. In Queen Amberly's story we learn more about the country & the caste system. We also get to see maybe why Clarkson was such an awful man? I also kinda felt bad for Celeste. She really wanted to have a great life & I think she learned more about herself & more about the world in general when she competed in the selection. Then after reading her story I remembered what happened to her, very sad.

This book is worth a read if you want to see the different perspectives or enjoy some of the other, not necessarily main characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment