Wednesday, October 30, 2019

November 2019 TBR

So this month I have a few days off cause the holidays & I'll also be traveling so hopefully I can get some actual reading done. I've also become obsessed with games on my phone since I discovered 2 new ones (P.S. Mario Kart has an Android app now). I want to make a conscience effort to read every night before bed & listen to my audiobooks as much as I can. We'll see what happens!

The only book I "have" to read this month is the one for our book club meeting on the 18th

Sourdough or Lois & Her Adventures in the Underground Market by Robin Sloan
So funny side story about this book. I buy the books for our book club most of the time because I don't want to take one from the participants. I bought this book like 2 months ago when we first decided we were going to read it. No joke the next day I get it on my little discount book list & it's $2.99 instead of like $10 or whatever I got it for. SO MAD!!! But if you are interested in discounted e book you should really consider signing up for Book Bub, that's how I get a lot of my books & it's a great site. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
These are the books I "want" to read this month. I'm sure I won't get through all of them but I have some choices at least. 

The World That We Knew by Alice Hoffman
Alice Hoffman is one of my favorite authors of all time! But since this book is about the Holocaust we'll see if I can get through it. Sometimes these books are hard for me.  

The Thickety: A Path Begins by J.A. White
So funny story...I saw book #3 in this series come back in the bookdrop & I was like oh cool. Then damn it it's a series! I am cursed you guys! I always fall in love with series, WHY!?!? 

Here's To Us by Elin Hilderbrand
My mother loves this author so I get her the books from my library's book store. I've only read 1 of them & she has read almost all of them so I'm taking my turn reading them. This one ties into 2 others that I also have that she has already read. 

The Wicked King & The Queen of Nothing by Holly Black
For real I think my friends might lynch me if I don't read these books LOL! I got hooked on The Cruel Prince then I got them hooked. I ordered all 3 of them but I never read #2 & #3 comes out this month. SEND HELP!!! 

Fever & Burn by Maya Banks
I read #1 in this series a few months ago & loved it so I'm hoping to read these next 2, we'll see. Same thing happened with Thoughtless, I loved the first one but never read the last 2! 


Shopaholic Takes Manhattan & Shopaholic Ties the Knot by Sophie Kinsella
So...I started reading book #2 of shopaholic but never finished it...like months ago...I have the first 3 in a big one volume edition & I'm going to be sharing this series with my mother so I need to get on it! Story of my life LOL. P.S. this (book #2) is the only book in the series not available in audiobook literally anywhere. What is up with that?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
These are my audiobook choices for the month. I'm not sure which ones I'm going to read yet. 

Wedding Cake Murder by Joanne Fluke
This is book #16 in this series...I think. I started it several months ago but I got bored. If I read too many of these in one month I can't focus so I'm coming back to it this month after a little break. 

The Forbidden Library by Django Wexler 
I have seen this book on the shelf at my library a million times so I finally checked it out. But guess what? ITS A SERIES! See it really is a curse. 

The Boy on the Bridge by M.R. Carey
This is the 2nd book in The Girl With All the Gifts duology. It apparently is a prequel & not a continuation of the story which had a crazy ending! 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment