Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Me Before You by JoJo Moyers

Me Before You















Author: JoJo Moyers
Publisher: Penguin Books
Year: 2012
Genre: Romance/Adult Fiction
Age: 18+
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I decided to read this book for the first book of my new book club at the library. I'm going to be doing a post about that after we meet tomorrow night. I'm hoping to get a good turn out. I did wait until the last minute to read it which wasn't my original intention. I'm going to try & do better in the future.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is book #1 of a trilogy, book #3 just came out this year.

Louisa "Lou" Clark is not your average girl. She is fun & spunky, dresses in her own unique way, & leads a pretty normal life.

William "Will" Traynor is a hard working bureaucratic man who gets what he wants. Women, travel, money, anything!

That is until one morning in 2007 when his entire life comes to a screeching halt.

Will is hit by a motorcycle one morning in London on his way to work when it is raining cats & dogs. This leaves him with a C 5-6 spinal cord injury, making him a quadriplegic. He used to travel the world, go on crazy adventures, & rendezvous with beautiful women. Now he can't move below the neck other than slight movement in one hand. He is forced to give up his life & move back home.

Lou is hired by Will's family to be his caregiver  & keep him company 2 years into his injury. Will also has a male nurse that looks after his physical needs named Nathan. Will's parents are still together despite their differences.

Lou lives at home with her mother, father, grandad, sister, & nephew. Her boyfriend is a guy named Patrick who does physical therapy for a living & competes in triathlons & biking events in his spare time. Needless to say despite being stuck in a wheelchair Will is much more interesting than Patrick.

A few months into her employment Lou figures out what the real situation is & she decides to try & change it for the betterment of everyone. She starts taking Will on outing to concerts, lunch, horse racing, etc. He seems to be enjoying these trips which is encouraging for Lou. Meanwhile Lou's family life is falling apart as her & Will grow closer. They finally come to the realization they both need eachother, but will love be enough to save them both?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Likes: I read this book pretty fast because of my timing but I still understood & enjoyed the story

The characters bring a lot to the table

I have seen the movie so I knew what was gonna happen & I'm grateful for that

It was sad but in a good way. I'm going to read the next one which says a lot despite the ending

Seeing their relationship grow was beautiful

I'm so happy Lou dumps Patrick! He was a giant a**hole!

The book was surprisingly funny

Dislikes: The ending...obviously!

Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment