Monday, January 1, 2018

Reading Resolutions 2018

I'm not a huge fan of making new years resolutions,I never have been. Generally you always pick something that is really out of your reach then you're disappointed that you didn't completely some big amazing goal that was never going to happen in the first place. That being said I do have some things that I'd like to do in 2018 that will make me a better Librarian, Blogger, & person...I hope! So here are my Reading Resolutions of 2018.



1. Read more! 
To me this one is very obvious. In 2016 I set my Goodreads Reading Challenge goal to 50 books & I surpassed it. So in 2017 I set it to 60 & only read 36 books. So this year I'm hoping to read 40 & maybe more. If I hit 40 that's about 3 a month which is a good goal for me.

2. Don't check out so many books
This is a 2 part goal along with my #3. Working in a library is hard & dangerous for an avid reader like me. Everyday you see hundreds of books & out of those about half you either have read or desperately want to read. Unfortunately there isn't enough time in one day. 

3. And then don't even read them!
Part 2 to the above resolution. Not only am I checking out a couple dozen books a month, I'm not even reading them...I'm just looking at them & then returning them. Don't get me wrong I really want to read them but on top of work, my house, etc there just isn't enough time. So I pine away for them wanting to get into their pages but never getting there. 

4. Blog new stuff
I'm hoping to blog more in 2018 & do more than reviews. I've got some new ideas so stay tuned for those. 

5. Stick to &/or complete my TBR's
This past year I would put 10 books on my monthly TBR...hahahahhaha...like I was ever gonna read all that. See what I mean about goals, they must be attainable! So this year I'm thinking about sticking to 3 books on my TBR & if I finish them then great but if I read more that's gonna be a great surprise for me & you.

6. Try new genre's
As you can probably tell if you've been following me for a little bit I pretty much only read YA books. And as of late I have been reading mostly/all fantasy in whatever form. That is partially due to the fact that YA literature is migrating towards that & out of its dystopian phase. But with the new book club I'm starting at the library I will be reading different stuff each month. Who knows maybe I'll even like it!

7. Read more ebooks
I recently discovered that my library has added like 300 new YA books that I have been wanting to read to YEARS to it's online ebook server. So I added a bunch to my wishlist & I'm gonna try & get through them while they are available for FREE with my library card. If you have a library card you should see if your library offers something similar. My library uses the Cloud Library previously know as 3M. 

8. Get new bookshelf & condense (hopefully)
In my house I have 3 bookcases...3...I'm hoping to cleanse my life & condense that down to one bigger shelf & get rid of the other 3 small ones. Most of the books I have I have had for years from working in libraries & buying used books. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment