Thursday, January 11, 2018

Best Juv Stand Alone Books

I don't read very many JUV books although I'm hoping to read more this year. But out of the ones I've read this is my top 10 list of the best JUV standalone books. These are in no particular order. Most of these books I read before I started my blog so I will include the Goodreads link as well as my review if it's available. 

 James & the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl
(I'm pretty sure I've read every book that Roald Dahl has written & I love them all. This is one of my favorites.)

Number the Stars by Lois Lowry
(A coworker of mine recently read this book & it got me remembering when I read it in high school. Even though it's a sad story it's a great book) 

 Frindle by Andrew Clements
(I read this book when I was a school librarian because it was a requirement for one of my 3rd grade classes. It was funny & light hearted which you need sometimes, even as an adult.)

 Fuzzy Mud by Louis Sachar
( I think I had just started my blog or read this right before. I loved Holes as a kid & so I was really happy to see another book by this author.)

 Rump by Liesl Shurtliff
(I'm a sucker for a good fairytale retelling. I have also bought this author's other books but haven;t read them yet.)

 The Zoo at the Edge of the World by Eric Kahn Gale
(This was a book I read for my 2015 book challenge this & I enjoyed it. I would have read it just before I started my blog or shortly after.)

 Matilda by Roald Dahl
(This is my ALL TIME FAVORITE BOOK!)
My review is here. 

 Caroline by Neil Gaiman
(I have read this book & watched the movie several times. I enjoy both!)

 Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbit
(This is another classic that my school kids had to read once so I decided to read it too.)

The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo
(I read this book as a kid & really enjoyed it. I was very happy to see it turned into a super cute movie.)


No comments:

Post a Comment