Sunday, March 31, 2019

I Owe You One by Sophie Kinsella

I Owe You One















Author: Sophie Kinsella
Publisher: The Dial Press
Year: 2019
Genre: Chick Lit
Age: Adults 18+
Page Count: 435

Audio Publisher: Books on Tape
Audio Year: 2019
Audio Reader: Fiona Hardingham
Audio Length: 12 hours & 23 minutes

Rating:




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I got this book on audio & in book form, my MO as of late. Our digital audiobook provider recently increased the length of time you can have audiobooks & it's helped me a lot. That being said I'd like to increase how fast I read books/listen to them.

I was dying laughing about 30 seconds into starting this book! Then I laughed throughout the entire thing, I think this was her funniest book yet. I would lay in bed at night & listen to it & start laughing instead of keeping my eyes closed, trying to sleep. This book also had a serious side that I think made the story very believable. Her books typically have the main character facing a difficult problem that she either ran away from, or develops throughout the story, this one was a little different though. This family & espically our main character Fixie have been through SOOOOO much & they just keep getting hit with things, luckily Fixie is there to help save the day.

P.S. Fixie Farr...what a perfect name! I really like names that start with the same letters, much like my own, I think they have a certain ring to them. The men in this book were very over the top! First there's Ryan, Fixie's high school crush come back into her life for the better...maybe? Then there's Seb, he's handsome, successful, & down to earth...but he's in a relationship with an awful mean girl! Of course if you've read any of this author's previous books you know what will happen in the end & that makes all the ups & downs of the relationships worth it.

This book was also very "modern", I use that term loosely because most of her other books that I've read have been older & so they each had their own unique stuff going on & happening that went with the time it was written. This is the first time I've read one of her books right after it came out. So in comparison this author keeps up with the times & whats in, etc. For example in this book Fixie's sister is going through a bit of a crisis in her life, but it's actually pretty funny. Nicole's husband is in the UAE for work so she's freaking out about not seeing him. This makes her want to do yoga with all her friends, take weird pictures of herself for Instagram, & buy those kitchy hipster home decorations like the pillows with sayings, & she can't do anything for herself. She also goes on & on about the meaning of life & what her spirit animal is, & everyone around her has to be mellow & chill & do what she says. We all know someone like this! This story has a little twist though by using an age old concept of an IOU to bring together 2 people that may not have met otherwise.

Overall this is a great, funny, inspiring, warm, & charming book that is perfect for chick lit lovers. I can't wait to read more from this author! My goal is to read all her books. I've read 6 so far & loved them all, highly recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment