Saturday, September 1, 2018

Everless by Sara Holland

Everless









Author: Sara Holland
Publisher: Harper Teen
Year: 2018
Audio Publisher: Harper Collins
Audio Year: 2018
Audio Reader: Eileen Stevens
Audio Length: 10 hours & 5 mins
Genre: Fantasy
Age: YA 13+
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This book has been on my TBR since last year when I heard about it. I'm really happy I finally read it but...I was very distraught by the ending. And now the 2nd book doesn't come out until December!!!! That is exactly why I rarely read series unless then are finished. Or I will start them when it's closer to the final book coming out. But since it's too late now since I read it & I'm hooked I will try to patiently wait until the 2nd one comes out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our story takes place in the land of Sempera where time is everything.

Long ago there was an Alchemist & a Sorceress. Together they figured out how to bind time from a person's life using their blood to iron & turn it into coins. Shortly after that the Alchemist stole the Sorceress's heart & a war started. Then along came a beautiful Queen to save the people from war & make the land great again while maintaining peace. Now hundreds of years have passed. The beautiful Queen is still alive & ruling Sempera, but how is that possible, even blood irons can't possibly sustain someones life for that long, right? That is why the Queen is looking to marry off her heir & adopted daughter Ina Gold to the handsome Roan Gerling.

The Gerling's are a family that holds great power in Sempra, they have been thriving for hundreds of years as well thanks to the blood iron they collect in taxes every month from their citizens. When our main character Jules Ember was a child she lived at their castle, Everless. But a terrible accident lead to her & her father leaving & living the rest of their time in hiding from the Gerlings in a distant village. Now Jules will return to Everless for work because she is desperate to have enough blood irons to save her father. But can she go unnoticed by the two brothers Liam & Roan? Or will Liam's wrath over what happened lead to Jules's time running out?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Likes: This was a unique story that involved fantasy elements that you see in other books like alchemy but I've never read a story involving time like this. It's a little complicated to follow in the beginning with all the legends & folklore but you get it straight eventually.

There's a little bit of romance but that is not the main focus of the story. I'm seeing something happening between Jules & Liam in the future maybe?

The ending is something I didn't see coming until about half way in which was good.

This story would make a great movie!

It was a quick read/listen I was able to finish it in less than a week.

I couldn't put it down after the story started really going. I haven't been that excited about a story in a while.

I'm really excited about book 2, although I'm disappointed I have to wait for months!

Dislikes: -

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment