Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Sea of Monsters

The Sea of Monsters













Author: Rick Riordan
Publisher: Disney Hyperion Books
Year: 2006
Genre: Mythology
Age: JUV 10+
Page Count: 196

Audio Publisher & Year: Penguin Random House Audio/2006
Audio Reader: Jesse Bernstein
Audio Length: 7 hours & 57 mins

Rating:




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is book #2 in the Percy Jackson series. I originally read the first 4 books in this series back in high school when they were coming out. I'm now rereading them & hope to finish the series with book #5. I'm making really good progress through them. I forgot how good they were! I'm hoping to be through all of them by the end of the month, we'll see what happens. I did a short book to movie comparison of the first one & I plan on doing the same with this one but I haven't gotten the movie yet, it's on hold for me. I'll include that in the #3 review. I've seen it before but it's been years so I need to rewatch it. The one thing that I really like about this series is there is a lot of action so it keeps the story progressing at a nice pace. They don't seem rushed or forced through. Plus the characters are developing nicely. I feel like the pressure of what might come to pass in the end is starting to get serious. There's also a lot of little things that I forgot for instance when I was listening last night I had completely forgotten that Kronos is Chiron's dad! That complicates the situation a lot. We also see a long lost character come back to us so that adds another layer to the story where Percy & the prophecy is concerned. I'm excited to see how it all ends! My goal from there will be to read some of his other stories since I like these so much. I'm gonna try & listen on audio but I'd be open to reading them as well. I probably won't buy all the others. I have had the Percy Jackson series on ebook since they came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment