Friday, March 31, 2017

New Items April 2017 & Update

This week we did a big $1000 order at my library! With three months left of this fiscal year we are using up every last cent! I'll include a picture with the items that we got. I'm most excited about Dragon Watch by Brandon Mull & Fantastic Beasts!

We are also gearing up for National Library Week (April 9-15)  & Cowboy Poetry Week (April 16-22) in the month of April. For NLW we are doing an interactive bulletin board display all month long where patrons can tell us how their library transforms their life & be entered to win one of three prizes. The prizes are a NOOK 7 inch ereader, a $20 VISA gift card, & a bag of books from our Friends of the Library book store. 

For Cowboy Poetry we are doing a poetry contest & the winner gets a cowboy poetry CD.

I will include flyers for those events below. To learn more visit these links:

Today we had a very obnoxious group of teenagers throw some little sticky beads onto our VERY tall ceiling...

We acquired a butcher paper rack for my bulletin board paper that had previously been moved from table to table. There was a small challenge in getting it on there that we are hoping to avoid in the future!

And I put up some fun sparkly eggs for Easter up front by the circ desk! I'm hoping to step up my bulletin board game now that my leg injury is healed.

In other news...
On the way home the other night I saw some elk right by the road in a field & they were pretty cool. All the out of town visitors were freaking out.

And we got snow in MARCH!!!!

I'm planning on finishing my book that I have been reading forever The Iron King by Julie Kagawa this weekend so check back for a review of that & my April TBR.






No comments:

Post a Comment