Wednesday, January 1, 2020

January 2020 TBR

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
I set my Goodreads goal to 100 books this year. If I look back on my past challenges the most books I have ever read in 1 year is about 60. That being said I am desperately trying to get my TBR list down & read some of the books I own as well. So if I want to read 100 books a year that means I need to finish about 8 per month. That's a lot! I usually average about 4 with some exceptions. Some months I only read 1 & other like this last month I read way more than that. I have to admit that lately I was so focused on getting books done before the new year that I felt like I was speed reading...more than I normally do already. I felt like I didn't enjoy the books as much, I was too focused on the number. That's another one of my goals for 2020, to enjoy the story more! So for now I'm sticking to my goals:
1. Get TBR list down by reading (not eliminating)
2. Read more books that I own
3. SERIES!!!
4. Enjoy the story...
5. Try not to buy books (or as many)
6. Don't check out things I won't actually read

Without further ado, here's my January 2020 TBR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chocolate Cream Pie Murder by Joanne Fluke
Goodreads
I was SO CLOSE to finishing this series or I guess we can say catching up since they are on going. This is the last one that is currently out that I have to read. It's #24 & I think the next one comes out in February or March. 

Keepsake Crimes by Laura Childs
Goodreads
This is our Cook the Books book pick for January. 
Mr. Lemoncello's All-Star Breakout Game by Chris Grabenstein
Goodreads
I got this on audio when it came out with my Audible subscription. But I never got to it. IKt's gonna be the first book I read this year. 

The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan
Goodreads
I loved the Percy Jackson books so I'm happy to keep going with this kind of story. 
Shopaholic #2 & #3 by Sophie Kinsella
Goodreads
I have a big book that has the first 3 novels in this series together. I read the first one last year & I read part of the #2. I want to finish it so I can pass it on to my mom when she comes to visit in February. 

Here's To Us, The Castaways, & The Perfect Couple by Elin Hilderbrand 
Goodreads
My mom loves this author & she passed these books on to me & I haven't gotten to them in months. They aren't a series but mom said that some of the characters intertwine with eachother in the stories. 


No comments:

Post a Comment