Monday, August 26, 2019

Kale to the Queen by Nell Hampton

Kale to the Queen












Author: Nell Hampton
Publisher: Crooked Lane Books (The Quick Brown Fox & Company)
Year: 2017
Genre: Mystery
Age: Adult 18+
Page Count: 208

Rating:






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is book #1 in a new series by this author called the Kensington Palace Chef Mystery. Book #2 is already out, this year I think, & I'm hoping she continues with them. This author also writes under the name Nancy Coco & Nancy J Parra. She has several other "cozy mystery" series, maybe I'll check some of those out. This was our Cook the Books book club pick for this month.

This book follows the new life of our main character Chef Carrie Ann Cole. She has recently left her life in Chicago with long time boyfriend John behind to move to England & be the personal chef of the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge. Although the book doesn't mention their real names we all know the famous faces that live in the palace in real life. I wonder if they have a personal chef in real life? Let's hope not with the way this story turns out. After only her first day on the job one of the sous chef's ends up dead in a bed of kale inside the beautiful private royal greenhouse! It's up to Carrie Ann to help solve the mystery. Throw in a hunky gardener, a charming head of security, & one jerk of a boyfriend & the story is almost complete. I think I see something possibly happening in the future with the gardener but I'll have to keep reading to find out. I won't go into complete details to ruin the story but I think Carrie Ann made the right choice to come to a new country for a new job. She is very brave to do such a thing.

The recipes in this book sound good. The "host" of our book club today made the frittata & that's something I don't eat unfortunately because it looked delicious. Someone else also picked this book when we did our recipe parade a few months ago & they made some delicious scones, that's the recipe I'll include down below. Overall I enjoyed this book & I'm gonna keep reading the series.







No comments:

Post a Comment