Saturday, January 19, 2019

Fudge Cupcake Murder by Joanne Fluke

Fudge Cupcake Murder













Author: Joanne Fluke
Publisher: Kensington Books
Year: 2004
Genre: Mystery
Age: Adult 18+
Page Count: 269

Audio Publisher: Recorded Books
Audio Year: 2010
Audio Reader: Suzanne Toren
Audio Length: 9 hrs & 3 mins

Rating:




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is the 4th book in the Hannah Swensen series.  Look at how cute that cover is with the little skull sprinkles! This book has taken me the longest to finish, I wasn't entirely committed to it. But I did enjoy it overall.I'm happy that if I stick to them I can finish them in about a week. They have all had the same reader which makes me happy, her voice is clear & she does several voices. I'm surprised that there is not a male & a female reader for this series, I think that would add some depth to the audio.

This book continued from the last, Andrea is still pregnant, she should have her baby soon. The bakery is still doing well & Hannah's romance between Mike & Norman continues. Even Hannah & Andrea's mother finds herself with a new boyfriend she is trying to keep secret from the girls. Moisha, Hannah's cat is st as rting to get older & she is having to take extreme measures with his food to make sure he has all his vitamins, that process is funny but a little bit good. Although in this story Bill finds himself in trouble when he is running for sheriff & the current one is murdered. Hannah & Andrea must solve the case before it's too late, for Bill's sake. Mike gets on Hannah's bad side when he suspects Bill for the death of the sheriff. That makes me lean more towards Norman for Hannah to pick above Mike. There is a lot of good sounding recipes in this book, I will include the main one for the cupcakes below. There is a lot of mystery surrounding the cupcakes. Hannah is working on "The Lake Eden Cookbook" in this story, I'm wondering if that is a real thing??? Because of that the fudge cupcakes are being tested to go in the cookbook, but there is a secret ingredient that they have to figure out first.

Stay tuned for the next mystery in Lake Eden...Sugar Cookie Murder!















No comments:

Post a Comment