Monday, November 20, 2017

The Land of Painted Caves by Jean M. Auel

The Land of Painted Caves



















Author: Jean M. Auel
Publisher: Crown Publishing Group (Random House)
Year: 2011
Genre: Historical Fiction
Age: Adult 18+
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is book #6 in the Earth Children series. I had to attempt to read this book because it is part of an Adult STEM Discussion at my library this month.

This review will be very short...I only ready about 200 pages of this book & I hated every minute of it.

Overall the story line isn't bad, but that being said there is way to many characters & the book is very descriptive. The author spends whole chapters describing landscapes & introducing dozens of characters that you are expected to remember. She also goes into great detail the customs, clothing, food, etc of the people. That content is interesting but the way it's presented is to difficult to read. I know I'm not the only person to not enjoy this book because it has an average 3 star rating on Goodreads. If there was less description & more focus on the story I feel like the book would be better. Needless to say I will not be finishing it.

I'm hoping that the discussion goes well because the person leading it is also not liking the book. Let's hope some people come that do???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Likes: -

Dislikes: All

Rating: 


No comments:

Post a Comment