Thursday, April 20, 2017

I Work at a Public Library by Gina Sheridan

I Work at a Public Library



















Author: Gina Sheridan
Publisher: Adams Media
Year: 2014
Genre: Nonfiction, Short Story, Memoir
Age: Adult 18+

This book is obviously intended for those of us that choose (or are subjected to work with) the general public in a library setting. We as library workers hear it all! We are the connoisseurs of "There's no such thing as a stupid question". I originally heard about this book on Book Bub's Twitter page & I knew I needed to read it ASAP so...I got it for myself on ILL (hahaha evil laugh). These entries are taken from Gina's blog on tumblr the link is here. There isn't much I can say about this book as far as a "review" goes since there isn't really one story or plot per se. Just know that is was hilarious & absolutely true, I can vouch because I too hear most of these questions/conversations on a daily basis. Below are some of my favorites but because of copyright law I can't copy them verbatim on here so you'll have to get the book for yourself & some of them might be on her blog. There is definitely lots of great examples! The book can be bought here...

Rating:




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Favorites

Chapter 1 004.16 Computers
Rude, How
Jobs, All the
United States, Google Versus

Chapter 2 025.52 Reference Work
Questions, Fielding
Autobiographies, Dragon
Dislikes, Likes and

Chapter 3 028.9 Reading Interests and Habits
Confused, Thoreauly
Titles, Questionable Book
Name, It's All in the

Chapter 4 031.02 Curiosities and Wonders
Dog, Service
Everything, Location is
Margaritas, Library

Chapter 5 153.733 Listening In
Calling, Name (Redux)
Fashion, Horror
Fairies, Book

Chapter 6 302.2 Communication, Failures and Disruptions of
Whiffy, Getting
W, A Through
Number, Personal Identification

Chapter 7 302.343 Bullying
Disease, Cataloging
Taxpayer, But I'm a

Chapter 9 611 Human Anatomy
Tooth, Missing
Snakes, Don't Like
Crack, Reference Room
Doctor, I'm Not a
Ass, Yiddish for
Let Go, Learning to
Fungus, Types of

Chapter 10 621.385 Telephones
Connections, Faxy
M, Rated
Voice, Having a Phone
Signal, Crossed
Typewriter, Needing a
Slower, Go

Chapter 11 808.879083 Children's Humor
Individuality, Enthusiastic
Prizes, All of the
Imagination, Using Your
Cars, Before
Questions, Profound
Cinnamons, Crime
















No comments:

Post a Comment