Wednesday, September 16, 2020

What I've Read So Far This Month: September 2020

 So I still haven't quite gotten back into the swing of posting after I finish every book. I have to admit that I like not having to write things down & remember everything while I'm reading. I like just enjoying a book, or in this case devouring one, I'll get to that in a bit. So far this month I've read 4 books so I wanted to give a little update, one of them was insane, I have to get my thoughts out about it!

I talked about the 2 books I had read already when I did my monthly TBR, you can go back & look at those if you want. So far I've enjoyed everything I've read this month & we're only half way in. You can follow me on Instagram under the same name & vote on my next pick if you want. 

On What Grounds by Cleo Coyle

This was our book club pick for this month. I have been really struggling with reading the book club books the last few months so I was really proud I caught up on all of them but one so far this month. I also finished this one 2 weeks early! This is the first in a series about a NYC coffee house manager/part owner who discovers her assistant manger injured one morning on the job. She has a hunch it's not an accident & naturally with this type of story it wasn't. She is involved...kinda...with her ex husband who is smoking hot. Then there's another love interest, as is the way with this stories. This book is very similar to our other book club books in some ways, but also different in enough ways that I want to continue the series on my own. That has only ever happened once before with a series we started & I finished the whole thing, almost 30 books last year. I'm excited to continue this one. I will say I'd recommend this book for coffee drinkers, there is a lot of tips & tricks she gives along the way. I'm not sure how many, if any, are true but they sound pretty legit. I listened to it on audio & read which is my favorite thing to do these days, I can get through books in half the time doing that. Audio reader wasn't bad, good voices with different accents.

The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires by Grady Hendrix
  This is the book that was voted on by my Instagram & Facebook followers. I was seeing things online about it so when our library got it in I checked it out. I honestly 100% thought that it was gonna be just another vampire romance book but oh dear lord was I wrong! Scary, horrifying, gross, disturbing, evil, skin crawling, enchanting, crazy, amazing...I could keep going. It was so gross at times I could feel goosebumps on my arms & I felt like I might throw up but I couldn't stop. It was like a train wreck & I just couldn't look away. Once I started I couldn't stop, I devoured it in a matter of hours over several days. I have barely slept for the last 3 days between reading & listening on audio. I was also taking it to work & reading on my lunch & I almost couldn't put it down. This is one of the craziest books I have ever read but I loved it. I really want to read more by this author. You will NEVER in your life read a vampire book like this. RECOMMEND RECOMMEND RECOMMEND MUST READ!




No comments:

Post a Comment