Saturday, April 20, 2019

April 2019 TBR

Confession...I thought I published this but...things have been so busy that I never did LOL so it's April 20th & I am just now putting this up, sorry! I was originally going to try & read 10 books but since the month is almost over & I've only managed to read one I'm just gonna roll with it. I don't have 10 books listed because I eliminated some since originally writing this. At this point if I can get through 2 books I'll be lucky so we'll see what happens. I've been trying to make a more conscious effort to read or listen to a book whenever possible. I've added some updates to this list as well.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So since looking at my Goodreads challenge & discovering that I am 10 books behind schedule for my goal of 100 I need to get a grip & step up my game! So goal for April...10 books to catch up! Wish me luck! Naturally I have way too many book checked out so I have lots of choices but also some that I have to read, like the book club book.

Property of the Rebel Librarian by Allison Varnes
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/38146186-property-of-the-rebel-librarian?ac=1&from_search=true
 A few of my friends have recommended this book so I'm taking a crack at it.

I started listening to this book on audio, I really enjoy her audio readers but someone had a hold on it & I didn't finish it so I'll finish it in book form since I have them all.

I'm gonna try & get back into this series this month...if I have time...we'll see.  Update: I just finished this book & I'm glad I kept going with the series.

So I put this book on hold like 3 months ago & I finally got it but I had too many books so I didn't get to listen to it. I'm thinking of using my audible credit but I'm not sure, well see what happens. Update: I had to return the book because someone else had a hold on it but they are done & I have it again...determined to get to it this time!
The Wonder by Emma Donoghue
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/28449257-the-wonder?from_search=true
 One of my friends recommended this book & I got it but it's also available on audio so we'll see. 

Chocolat by Joanne Harris
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/321574.Chocolat
 This is our Cook the Books pick for April. After I read it I'm gonna watch the movie. Update: I'm reading it now...the meeting is Monday...my timing sucks...again LOL aren't you surprised. It's not awful but I'm not super into it either, we'll see.
Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10874177-etiquette-espionage?ac=1&from_search=true

 A patron recommended this book to me, I'd really like to try & get to it.
The same patron that recommended the above book also recommended this one, I'm waiting for it to come in. Update: I have this book now, it's due in like a week...maybe more...I need to read fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment