Friday, May 18, 2018

A Court of Frost & Starlight by Sarah J Maas

A Court of Frost & Starlight















Author: Sarah J Maas
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Year: 2018
Genre: Fantasy
Age: YA 13+
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This series has been an earth shattering, breathtaking, beautiful ride that I always want to get on. I am sad that it will be a little while before we are back with our friends in Prythian. But hey..that's why rereading is a thing! I was so excited to get this book. I got the first 3 books on sale when I decided to preorder this one, I got all 4 for about $20 which is a huge deal. Even though this book is a novella, cross over type book I was still very excited & am also very happy that I read it & can't wait until the next one. If you haven't read this series I would warn you against this review because it will contain some spoilers.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We find ourselves once again in the magical land of Prythian. The world has just seen a great war that affected humans & fae alike. Everyone is trying to recover from the horrors brought upon them by the King of Hybern. This is also very true for Feyre & her family. After losing her mate Rhysand, King of the Night Court, & bringing him back much like her own birth as a fae, she is eternally grateful for the peace they have all finally found.

In this 4th installment in the series the Velaris gang are celebrating the winter solstice. This means great food, presents, drink, & time together. It is even more special for Feyre because she was born on solstice & it is now her 21st birthday, not that she's counting now as a high fae. This means Cassian, Azriel, Rhys, Mor, Ameren, Nesta, Elain, Lucien, & the rest of the group are coming together for the first celebration after the war. The people of the city are still mourning their losses so this holiday is an important one for most.

The story is told from different view points so this means we get to see many different sides of the story including the Illyrian training camp,Velaris, the Spring Court, & the human lands. While the book was short we get to interact with each character a little bit & it helps bridge the gap between the 3rd book when the war ended & the next few books. Apparently the next few books in the series will focus on the other characters in the story like Mor & Feyre's sisters.

ACOFAS gives us someone the things that hard core fans of the series love to see like the bond between Feyre & Rhys, Feyre's art, the beautiful starlit city of Velaris, as well as some new developments in the story that we have been waiting for.

Overall it was a beautiful, although short story that leaves you wanting more...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Likes: What is their not to like about this book or this series! I have loved it since the beginning. I really like the way things are taking shape & the way the story is moving along.

This book mad me laugh much like the others & it's good to see that despite the war everyone is still as funny & charming as always. 

I am sad that it was so short but I am happy to have a little teaser into the next book & I can't wait!

We get to see Feyre & Rhys's relationship grow even more which I thought would be impossible by no but they are a surprising pair.

In the last book we were kinda left hanging with what would become of Tamlin, Feyre's ex lover, & I have to say I feel a little bit bad for him but...YES his life if sucking & he deserves it!

I'm hoping that in the next book(s) Lucien's life improves. He did what was right for Feyre & the rest of fae kind but that meant leaving Tamlin & his family behind. Things haven't turned out great for him & I hope that he gets a happy ending.

Velaris as always is beautiful! I would love to see this book turned into a movie or a show just to see the city of starlight.

It ended with the famous line...to the stars who listen & the dreams that are answered. I really lost it at that point. I was teary eyed throughout the book because there is some touching moments & some sad realizations/flashbacks. But that line gets me right in the feels every time. 

Overall I loved the book & I want more!

Dislikes: The length of the book, way too short, more now!!!

Rating: 

No comments:

Post a Comment