Monday, May 20, 2019

Little Beach Street Bakery by Jenny Colgan

Little Beach Street Bakery

















Author: Jenny Colgan
Publisher: Harper Collins
Year: 2014
Genre: Chick Lit
Age: Adult 18+
Page Count: 421

Rating:





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This was our Cook the Books book club pick for May. We met a week early so it threw me off a little bit. I started reading the book then I went on a little long weekend trip so I decided to download it on audio & try that since I'd be doing some driving. I would not recommend the audiobook. I didn't like the reader. I've listened to readers with accents before & they have never bothered me. Some of the problems I had were that her voice seemed too old for the character & she tries to do male American southern accents as well & that just didn't work for me. I'll definitely be returning it. Other than that I really enjoyed the story, I'm looking forward to reading the other books.

Our main character is named Polly & she is going through a hard time & trying to do the best she can to recover & start her life over. Imagine moving to a beautiful town right on the beach...what better place to start over, right? Well not exactly...the town's people don't take too kindly to Polly except for a cute group of fisherman she meets on her first day. The town starts to finally take a liking to her after they discover her amazing talent for baking the most delicious bread. Too bad her mean old landlady owns the bakery in town but she orders everything in! Everyone hates it but they don't say anything because of a terrible accident years ago. Then between meeting the cutest beekeeper in the country, some wine & down time with her best friend, & an adorable baby puffin Polly makes it in the end. ADORABLE story!

The recipes in this book sound awesome! These books make we want to bake more & more everytime we read one. Next month we are doing something called "Recipe Parade" where we each bring our own book & a recipe then share together. I'm hoping that can give us some new attendees & some new book ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment