Sunday, May 12, 2019

Carrot Cake Murder by Joanne Fluke

Carrot Cake Murder















Author: Joanne Fluke
Publisher: Kensington Books
Year: 2008
Genre: Mystery
Age: Adult 18+
Page Count:  324

Audio Reader: Suzanne Toren
Audio Publisher: Recorded Books
Audio Year: 2010
Audio Length: 10 hours & 8 mins

Rating:





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is the 10th book in the Hannah Swensen series by Joanne Fluke.

These books all typically follow the same basic format so instead of going over that I'm going to talk a little bit about some of the revelations I had while reading this book & share a recipe with you!

At one point in the story Lisa & Hannah are making cookie bars with marshmallows. Hannah remarks that they should be called smores bars instead of rocky road bars to which Lisa responds, what's a smore? OMG! I had a Sandlot moment you guys! First you take the graham...LOL Apparently Lisa had never been camping or in Girl Scouts or anything because she had a pretty rough childhood dealing with her mother that was sick & now she gave up her dream of going to college to come back home & take care of her father Jack because he has Alzheimer's. Hannah is just as astounded as I was until she hears the reason. Poor Lisa! Someone take her to the lake in a tent with a big ol camp fire NOW!

We also see some interesting things happen between Norman, Mike, Ross, & Hannah. Let me start with Norman. First off he has been going out of his way to please Hannah, I'm talking smoozing her cat, taking her out, the whole works. He also goes to Atlantic City to do some investigating in this book...all for Hannah! They also tell each other that they love each other in this book, it's a big deal! I'm still confused about how this whole love triangle...or is it a square now...is going to end the way it does so we'll see.

Next we have Mike. In this book much like a few books ago Mike is seen canoodling with the new PD secretary Ronni Ward. Hannah is way upset & jealous. This is perplexing to me because she is dating 3 guys, 2 of which asked her to marry them & she said no but they still continue to date her. So she is allowed to be mad & jealous but she yelled at Mike & Norman for doing the same thing in the past? Stupid...but whatever. I'm hoping that poor girl Ronni doesn't end up dead like the last girl Mike dated besides Hannah.

Then finally we have Ross. He's the big hot shot producer from Hollywood that Hannah knew/dated in college & reconnected with when he came to lake Eden to film a movie a few books ago. They have been keeping in touch & the book ends with Hannah going to meet him at the airport for a layover in Minneapolis. Get it...layover...LOL I don't know what actually happens, these are clean books & so far I don't think that has happened with any of the 3 guys, but I could be wrong.

I also saw some pictures from the Hallmark channel movies that are being made about these books & I was laughing. I haven't seen any of them since I don't have real TV but the pictures were interesting. Has anyone watched them? Are they good? I think it's funny that Allison Sweeney who plays Hannah looks NOTHING like the actual Hannah. I also didn't think Norman looked that close to how he is described either. Plus in most of the promo shots & covers it's Hannah & Mike...they must be trying really hard to get people to feel a certain way. I'd like to get my hands on them in the future.

We've come to the end & I'm going to share one of the recipes with you. It seemed like there was quite a few recipes in this book, more than normal maybe. I picked this one cause they sound really good & they were eating them a lot in the book.











No comments:

Post a Comment