Saturday, February 16, 2019

Sprinkle with Murder by Jenn McKinlay

Sprinkle with Murder


Author: Jenn McKinlay
Publisher: Berkley Prime Crime (Penguin)
Year: 2010
Genre: Mystery
Age: Adult 18+
Page Count: 215

Rating:



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm having some internet issues right now so I'm hoping this makes it up! I can't believe it's the 16th & this is the first book I've read this month, what is happening! Things have been crazy lately so I'm hoping to catch up this weekend.

This is the first book in the cupcake bakery mystery series. Our book club picked the second one as our book this month but if you know me you know I have to read things in order. So I got this book in on ILL. I'm planning on reading the book club book next & I think I'll continue with the series. I've gotten myself addicted to a new genre though so I have to add some YA or fantasy in this month or I might go crazy.

This book was really short which I liked, just above 200 pages which is great for one or two sittings. I haven't found the audio but the regular book is enjoyable. I thought the 2 main characters were really funny & the story is believable. There is a love triangle type thing happening that develops into something else by the end of the story. This story also takes place at a bakery in Scottsdale so somewhere that I kinda know about from growing up in the Phoenix area, so I think that is cool. The ending seemed to come up really quickly, you are thiking it is one person up until something changes about 3 chapters from the end. This seems to be a common thing in books like this. The Joanne Fluke stories aren't quite that bad, you can kinda tell what is up a little sooner. Overall this was a light & funny read, if you like this cook/baking mystery genre you'll enjoy this story.

There was 4 different recipes in this book, all of which sound great. I would love to make and/or eat all of them. Reading these stories makes me want to open a bakery myself & in a past life I might have, or maybe that's something I can possibly put on the bucket list.






No comments:

Post a Comment