Monday, February 18, 2019

First Frost by Sarah Addison Allen

First Frost















Author: Sarah Addison Allen
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Year: 2014
Genre: Magical Realism
Age: Adult 18+
Page Count: 291

Rating:





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is the sequel to Garden Spells, we read that book for our book club last month & I really enjoyed it. I picked this one up shortly after reading that so it took me a while to read it. Not because it wasn't good but because I've been in a little it of a slump the past few weeks. I'm happy that I read it after all & I'm hoping this author will do more books with this family in them in the future.

This book takes place about 10 years after "The Year That Everything Changed". Bay is 15 now, Mariah (Claire & Tyler's daughter) is in elementary school, Sydney owns The White Door Salon, even Evanelle is still hanging in there. Claire has recently taken up making candy after she got famous from a magazine article. But there is a mysterious man in town who is out to get the Waverley's for all they have. First frost is approaching fast & the family is convinced that once the magical apple tree blooms it will change everything. We get to see some classic Bascom drama unfold, espically when Bay's new love interest turns out to be a Matteson & Mariah says she has a new "imaginary" friend named M.

There's a recipe included in this book, one from Grandmother Mary, Fig & Pepper Bread. It sounds a little confusing to me but I would try it for sure. Cooking has always been Claire's gift & she starts cooking again in this book & it helps bring her back down to Earth. The one thing that confuses me about the recipe is there is no pepper listed in the ingredients but it says to add it in the directions, but how much? I guess we'll never know.





No comments:

Post a Comment