Friday, May 15, 2020

Coconut Layer Cake Murder by Joanne Fluke

Coconut Layer Cake Murder

Author: Joanne Fluke
Publisher: Kensington Books
Year: 2020
Genre: Cozy Mystery 
Age: Adult 18+
Page Count: 222

Audio Publisher & Year: Recorded Books 2020
Audio Reader: Suzanne Toren
Audio Length: 8 hours & 53 mins

Rating: 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I think it looks the same to you guys but they updated the Blogger website since I last posted, I'm gonna have to play around with the new features. 

This is book # 25 in the Hannah Swensen series. This review may contain spoilers from previous books so read with caution. 

Hannah has been in a never ending love triangle between herself, Norman the dentist, & Mike the sheriff's officer. Even when she was "married" to Ross & now that he's gone & life has moved on she is back at it again with the 2 of them. It seems like in this book though she is leaning heavily towards Norman. I've always liked him better than Mike though in all honesty. I'm hoping at some point she picks one & puts them out of their misery but I don;t know what would happen to the story if that happened. So...we'll see. 

In this book Hannah has to come back to Lake Eden in the dead of winter to help her sister's boyfriend, Lonnie...maybe he's her fiance, I can't remember... because he's gotten himself in some trouble. The same basic story line is followed where the crime is committed then Hannah investigates & ends up trapped somewhere with the killer that she magically didn't know was there until it's too late & the boys have to come & rescue her. In this book Hannah also has a dream about what would have happened if she was pregnant with Ross's baby & it seems nice. This is something hat confuses me about her. She seems to want a family & a husband & a grand life. She has 2 men right in front of her for several years that also want that. But she doesn't pick either of them? I know it's just fiction but come on!

Anyway...the recipes in this book were good as usual. Lots of eating & baking. I'll include one down below. The next book in this series doesn't come out until September & it'll be the Christmas special one which usually doesn't have anything to do with the main story. I'm happy to have caught up on these & I really enjoy listening to them on audio. 













No comments:

Post a Comment