Saturday, June 15, 2019

Apple Turnover Murder by Joanne Fluke

Apple Turnover Murder

Author: Joanne Fluke
Publisher: Kensington Books 
Year: 2010 
Genre: Mystery
Age: Adult 18+
Page Count: 290

Audio Reader: Suzanne Toren
Audio Length: 8 hours & 51 minutes
Audio Publisher: Recorded Books
Audio Year: 2011

Rating:





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is the third book I've read this month! I'm on a roll! All the books so far have been in these series but I'm making some good progress through all of them. This is #13 in the Hannah Swensen series.

I think I finally figured out that this series must take place in the late 90's because they held a fundraiser & one of the things they are trying to get money for is a new microfiche reader at the local library!

Hannah actually saves herself at the end of this book instead of Mike coming to her rescue...for once! She has an ingenious moment & is able to make it out of a graveyard where she is trapped with the help of a new K9 friend.

Something is up with Norman in this book. He has to take a trip & when he comes back he is acting very strange. I'm kinda worried, but I'm also starting to see how Hannah could not end up marrying him if what I think is going to happen actually takes hold in the next few books. Maybe it's for the better???

Bill is also the subject of a phone job scam, very scandalous! He is being offered a job by a company in Florida but it turns out to be someone calling & scamming him. I'm hoping we get more info in the next book.

Delores has herself a few new boyfriends & everyone is talking about it. Plus since Hannah's mysterious ex showed up in town things have been getting interesting. The only thing I will say about this instance is that you obviously don't want to cross Hannah & her dating life at all, everyone except Norman & Mike that have gone down that road whether they be male or female, if they are somehow involved in a dating situation that also involves Hannah they end up D-E-A-D!

There weren't a lot of recipes in this book I was interested in, I'd say about half. I usually get the e book in addition to the audiobook so I can screenshot the recipes & save them. This time to ebooks formatting was really weird so the recipes didn't come out perfect. The recipe I have to share with you sounds very interesting but simple, like a flavored sugar cookie. Because the formatting was so strange all the titles are really small on the recipes & they don't have their own pages like they usually do so some of the story is on the first page of the recipe. This is the recipe for Watermelon Cookies.






Next I'll be reading my book club pick for this month, the meeting is on the 24th so stay tuned for that review next. I also checked out a few new YA books I want to get to this month so look out for those!

No comments:

Post a Comment