Saturday, October 6, 2018

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner

















Author: Stephenie Meyer
Publisher: Hachette Book Group
Year: 2010
Genre: Fantasy
Audio Publisher: Penguin Random House Audio
Audio Reader: Emma Galvin
Audio Length: 4 hours & 10 minutes

Rating:





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is a novella book that pairs with the third book in the Twilight Saga "Eclipse". We briefly get to see Bree in the Eclipse movie before her life comes to an end at the hands of Volturi. This short story tells of life in the new born coven created by Victoria & led by a boy named Riley. Overall the story was interesting & I was glad that it was short. I was able to finish it in 2 sittings & the reader for the audio is good. I do wish that it had chapters or sections so that I could find my place again after going between the book & the audio. This book didn't add anything or take away anything from the original story so I don't feel like it was absolutely necessary to read but I don't regret doing it. You can tell from the original book that Riley is definetly being played by Victoria, it's more obvious in the movie, & it kinda makes me feel bad for these poor kids, just created to kill then be killed themselves. The one thing that stood out to me at the end & is still slightly confusing is that Bree describes a vampire with the Cullen's as red headed. Then later she says the red headed mind reader...that must be Alice? But Alice doesn't have red hair, even in the books. The only red head in the story was supposed to be Victoria, so not sure what was up with that. This is my last Twilight Saga review. Coincidentally the first Twilight book was oublished October 5, 2005, perfect timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment