Friday, August 9, 2019

Evermore by Sara Holland

Evermore












Author: Sara Holland
Publisher: Harper Collins
Year: 2019
Genre: Fantasy
Age:  YA 13+
Page Count: 346

Audio Publisher: Harper Audio
Audio Year: 2018
Audio Reader: Eileen Stevens
Audio Length: 9 hours & 1 min

Rating:





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is my 275th blog post!!! That's a lot of reading & activities. This blog started off as a way to show my friends & family back home what I was doing at my new job (at the time it was at a different library then I'm at now). It has turned into a way for me to communicate with all of you...my readers...& show you what I love to read & I hope you will enjoy it too. I plan on continuing into the future for as long as I am able. So here we go...

This is book #2 in the Everless duology. I just finished rereading Everless last week so that I'd be fully read to read this book since it's been about a year since I originally read Everless & fell in LOVE! I don't think I fully did the book justice the first time. It is a phenomenal book & if you like fantasy you will love it too. It's unlike anything I've ever read before.

This 2nd book though...I'm conflicted. I feel like the story ended too quickly & was a little abrupt. The progression of the story was different than the first book. It started off right where the first book ended but I felt like by about half way in we just weren't where we should have been. That being said I still enjoyed the story. I was happy that it ended in the way I thought it would...kinda LOL. What I mean by that is the big ta-da event took place just not in the way I thought it would. I think the slight twist was set up that way to make the main character look like "the good guy" even though I'm starting to think she had the potential to be as bad as "the bad guy" if given the right opportunity. There were some surprises along the way, a romantic interest keeps you going (although it was a little predictable), & they all lived happily ever after. I started out reading the book but it had a hold on it so I switched to the audio & the reader is the same as the first. I thought it was a little slow for my ears which usually happens to me so I sped it up to 1.25 times the regular speed. I don't like the Audible speed settings as much as RBDigital's. Overall I really enjoyed this duology & I would highly recommend it to fantasy readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment