Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Pies & Prejudice by Ellery Adams

Pies & Prejudice













Author: Ellery Adams
Publisher: Berkley Prime Crime
Year: 2012
Genre: Cozy Mystery
Age: Adult 18+
Page Count: 291

Rating:





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's been a while since I gave a book only 3 stars! This was our Cook the Books book club pick for this month. In true fashion I was reading it the night before & I didn't finish the last 2 chapters LOL! I did however play the "host" this month so I made the recipe & we all chose the lime pie. It was delicious & sooo easy, I was shocked! I'll include pictures & the recipe down below for you all.

This book...I enjoyed it. I figured out who the bad guy was before the big reveal so I'm always happy when that happens. I have to say that since we've been reading those other witchy baking books I was kinda comparing it to those unfortunately even though I really try not to do that. It's hard though! I will say that I enjoy the other ones more. This book had it's moments, there was some really funny lines from our main characters aunts. A strange relationship between the main character, Ella Mae, & her mother keeps you guessing. Then the magic is just kinda thrown in, like salt & pepper in your dinner dish at the end. I'm wondering if that is because you're supposed to keep reading to find out more??? I'm slightly curious so I'm sure we'll read a few more of them for the book club in the future. I was also very proud of Ella Mae for not letting her cheating soon to be ex husband buy her off, you go girl! This author has written several other books including one that was recommended to the book club, The Secret Book & Scone Society, I think that one is a stand alone (just kidding, I looked it up & it's not), maybe I'll try something else by this author & see if I like it. One last thought...we couldn't figure out if the title had something to do with Pride & Prejudice, there was a very quick Mr. Darcy reference but that was it, so maybe it's just catchy?




No comments:

Post a Comment